1. Definition of foam material
The foamed plastic of the pvc foam board extrusion line is also called foamed plastic. It is based on plastic and contains a large number of air bubbles. It can be said that it is a composite material filled with gas.
According to the different foaming ratios, it can be divided into high foaming and low foaming, and according to the softness and hardness of the foam texture, it can be divided into rigid, semi-rigid, and flexible foams. According to the cell structure, it can be divided into closed cell foam and open cell foam. The common PVC foam sheet is a rigid closed-cell low-foaming sheet.
2. What is Styrofoam
pvc foam board extrusion line foam is an industrial product that provides a very strong and durable plastic. The material is produced by boiling a liquid or solid material in the presence of air or nitrogen to form a foam.
The material can be used in any type of manufacturing process, such as electronic components, medical devices, chemical processes, food and packaging materials.
In this article, I will describe some of the properties of foam that make it more suitable for industrial applications.
pvc foam board extrusion line foam type
1) High foaming plastics: These are made by adding a lot of air bubbles to low filling fillers like polypropylene (PP) or polyethylene (PE), which makes them very tough and durable. They are great for shaping large items like pipes and pipes with insulation.
2) Low foaming plastics: These materials are derived from polymers with low foaming rates. These materials can be made by adding a small amount of air to any material; commonly known as filled plastic. The most common examples include polystyrene (PS) and polyurethane (PU).
3) Filled Plastics: These materials come from adding a small amount of small particles to the main plastic fillers such as beads (glass frit), pellets (beads), granules (liquid), etc., so that solid objects can be formed without use. Large machines such as extruders or injection molding machines.
The benefits of foam plastic
JWELL, as a plastic extruder manufacturer in China, foam plastic is an important product for today’s enterprises. With the increasing demand for foamed plastics, the demand for foam board extrusion lines in China is also increasing year by year.
In addition to the applications of pvc foam board extrusion line foam, there are many types of applications that can be made from foam. It can be used to make molds and castings, to coat products and to manufacture goods. There are also many applications unrelated to foam-related applications.
Different types of foam
Different types of pvc foam board extrusion line foams are used for different applications. There are three types of foam:
1. Polypropylene: Polypropylene is a high-quality high-density polyethylene (HDPE) that has long been used as a packaging and extrusion material. It has excellent properties such as high tensile strength, excellent processing performance, good chemical resistance, and easy molding.
2. Polyolefin: Polyolefin is a low density polyethylene (LDPE) with good chemical resistance, easy molding and processing properties, and excellent heat resistance. It is also widely used in automotive parts and other fields that require high strength and low weight density
3. Polypropylene: This type of polymer is mainly composed of PVDF, which is a very low density polyethylene that is light in weight but has good heat resistance, excellent chemical resistance, flexibility and processing properties. PVDF is mainly used in the manufacture of flexible packaging materials.
4. Adhesives: Adhesives are materials mixed with resins or plastics to bond synthetic materials together to form joints and other useful objects. The most widely used adhesive is epoxy resin, which can be ordered in tons around the world today.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the PVC foam sheet extrusion process of the pvc foam board extrusion line, the problems encountered can be basically classified into 4 categories
- Stability issues.
- Melt strength problem.
- Lubrication problems.
- Scattering problems.
These four types of problems, especially the first three types of problems, will restrict each other and affect each other. From the surface phenomenon, it is sometimes difficult to distinguish them immediately. Only by observation and analysis can the root cause of the problem be found.
(1) Insufficient stability will affect the entire board surface, the board surface will turn yellow, and the foamed sheet will be brittle.
(2) Insufficient melt strength will lead to large cells in the foam sheet and long longitudinal section bubbles. The most direct way to judge whether the melt strength is insufficient is to press the sheet wrapped on the middle roller with your fingers behind the three rollers. When the melt strength is good, you can feel the elasticity when pressing.
(3) In order to obtain a uniform foamed product in the pvc foam board extrusion line foam pipe, it is also necessary to ensure that the PVC material has a good melt strength. The foaming aid developed by the company is developed to solve this problem of foamed products, and can effectively improve the quality of foamed pipes.
(4) Poor dispersion will bring about the phenomenon that the surface of the sheet is not smooth
Process temperature control problems in the process: The four problems mentioned above are fundamental problems, basic problems, and deep-seated problems. Compared with the above four problems, the process temperature control is much more intuitive. It is a superficial problem, but poor temperature control will induce the emergence of fundamental problems.
Increase the processing temperature in China pvc foam board extrusion line, the material stabilization time will be reduced, and stability problems will occur; the increase in temperature will also lead to a decrease in melt strength, an increase in foamed sheet cells, a decrease in the number of cells, and sheet hair. Brittle and easy to break; the increase in temperature reduces the melt strength and also reduces the melt viscosity, and the viscosity decreases, and the shear dispersibility decreases. For screws with weak dispersibility, sometimes uneven dispersion occurs.